Every week I share a few links to things I’ve enjoyed online.
This week, following on from my list of sketchbook artists and their blogs, I decided to share some of my favourite photography blogs. Some blog purely about photography, while others write about different subjects as well as sharing great photos – and a few even teach online courses.
- Tammy Strobel lives with her husband and their two cats in their tiny house. Tammy writes on her blog, Rowdy Kittens, about living simply, shares photo essays and also teaches writing and photography e-courses. She also has a daily photo project on Instagram, which I’ve mentioned before.
- Joy Sussman writes about creativity and living a greener life on her blog Joyfully Green. She includes beautiful photographs of nature in her blog posts and teaches online photography courses, which, as an alumnus, I highly recommend!
- NY Through the Lens is a blog by Vivienne Gucwa, author of a book with the same title. On her blog, Vivienne shares a photograph of New York City each day and has lots of information about the photograph equipment she uses. She also has a travel blog that’s worth a look too!
- Another photographer who I mentioned in my Instagram Favourites is Tammy Lee Bradley. On her blog she shares one photo every few days, along with a quotation.
- Nikki at Art and Lemons writes about and photographs her everyday life, as well as sharing tips and inspiration to get other people taking more photos.
- Marie and Stephanie at 3191 Miles Apart live in Portland, Maine and Portland, Oregon (hence the blog’s title). Every couple of days they share a diptych showing photographs from their morning(s).
- Catherine at Foxglove Lane describes herself as Contemplative photographer. She takes photos of the everyday small details that might otherwise go unnoticed (I can relate to that!) and was winner of the Best Photography Blog Ireland in 2013 and 2014.