Last month I shared my first ‘favourites’ post and I’m aiming to do this every month. As it’s the beginning of May I’m sharing a handful of the things I really enjoyed during April so here we go:
- Rice Krispies (but not for breakfast – I have them for supper before I go to bed).
- The Creative Pep Talk Podcast by Andy J Pizza
- Crochet. I’ve been spending a lot of my creative energy on crochet lately. I recently made myself a black jumper/sweater and I’m now working on a cardigan using Sirdar Baby Bamboo in the colour Skittle.
- Sheet face masks – especially the Garnier Moisture Bomb tissue masks.
Is there anything that you’ve particularly had fun with recently? Books, music, podcasts, art supplies, food…? I’d love to hear what you’re enjoying!
In the same vein as beauty bloggers, and inspired by Frannerd, I thought I’d start sharing some of my favourite things each month, starting with a handful of the things I enjoyed during March.
- Winsor and Newton Flesh tint gouache paint
- The Making Obama podcast (and before this the Making Oprah podcast)
- Quinoa porridge
- The new Seawhite of Brighton Watercolour Travel Journal
- Season 1 of This is Us on Amazon Prime
It seems like a long time ago but when I was in Greece in May, as well as taking lots of photos I did a little bit of art journaling. more “Recent Travel Journal Pages”
This week I’ve been learning more about watercolours at Sketchbook Skool in Felix Scheinberger‘s klass.
I have a great book by Felix which is all about watercolours but it’s much more inspiring and motivating to be more “Sketching My Lunch”
Yesterday was the first day I felt well enough to get outside after a few days of feeling poorly. It was also the first day I’d done any drawing for a while too. I bought some fondant fancies and decided they were a good subject for a drawing – as well as good for eating, obviously.