Every (well, most!) weeks I share a few links to things I’ve enjoyed online. Here’s my choice for this week – enjoy!
- If you enjoy drawing, cooking, sewing, writing or anything that involves creating, then I think you’ll appreciate the sentiment in Karie’s post about The Joy of Making Stuff.
- As you may know, I have a special fondness for Finland, especially Helsinki, so I really enjoyed being reminded of the city through Justin’s lovely urban sketches. I think they give a lovely feel for Helsinki, particularly in the way he’s captured the colours.
- I always enjoy seeing behing the scenes of other people’s creative lives and hearing about how they organise their time and work, so I was really interested to read what my pal Joy finds useful when it comes to having a Good, Creative Day.
- I’ve had a slow start to 2016 and over the past 2 weeks I’ve had quite a lot of what my friend Michael Nobbs would call ‘treacle days’. This means I’ve been doing a lot of sitting, and it just so happened that Michael recently wrote a very timely (for me) post about The Power of Sitting Still.
- I’ve been using some of my lengthy periods of sitting and lying down to do some mindfulness meditation so these tips for understanding the mind from Leo Babauta have been really interesting and a good reminder that meditation isn’t always easy or peaceful.