Every week I share a few links to things I’ve enjoyed online. This week’s selection is mostly (although not entirely) about sketching people, which is something I had another go at the other day. Even if you’re not a sketcher I hope you enjoy these links:
- Lynne Chapman shares her tips for How to Sketch People Who Move
- Lapin explains how he warms up his drawing muscles
- The drawings I did this week of moving people were inspired by an email assignment from Veronica Lawlor and her own example of sketching in the park.
- Drawing in public (especially drawing people) can be a bit scary. Andrea Joseph explains why it can feel that way and what happened when she faced that fear.
- Tommy Kane recently came back from Hong Kong where he’d been doing a lot of drawing and he explains why one drawing in particular got a lot of attention. If you like this post then I’d also recommend watching Tommy’s video of him drawing in Hong Kong.
- One of the reasons I enjoy drawing and taking photographs is that it forces me to slow down and focus on one thing in the moment. Ash Blankenship explains why slowing down can be a good thing.